Sunday, July 31, 2016

North Carolina: Raeford man hurt defending pregnant woman from Rottweiler attack

NORTH CAROLINA -- A Raeford man is recovering and a pregnant woman was in tears after they said a neighbor's dog attacked them.

Lashonda Williamson was outside in her front yard with her friend planning a birthday party for her soon-to-be 10-year-old, when the neighbor's Rottweiler attacked her and her friend.


Her friend Adrian Gay said the dog was lunging for Williamson, and when he jumped in front of her to protect her, he was bitten in the back of his thigh and on several places in his arm.

Williamson said the incident has left her afraid to go out in her own yard.

"I have never in my life been so scared," Williamson said, breaking into tears. "I have never in my entire life been so scared of anything.

"And the funny thing is, I have a Rottweiler. I'm not afraid of big dogs. I'm not afraid of animals, but I knew that dog was going to attack because I knew how it was charging, it was growling, teeth were showing, I knew something was going to happen and I just thought about my baby.

"That's all I could think about, is my baby," Williamson said, wiping away tears.

Gay said that's also the first thing he thought about when he jumped in front of Williamson.

"I did what I could to protect her, because I didn't want to run away. My first instinct was to protect her and the baby because the safety is what matters most," Gay said.

Gay said he was hospitalized for his injuries and has stitches in several places on his arm.

Williamson said her neighbor's Rottweiler is still living next door.

Hoke County Animal Control said the dog is on a 10-day quarantine and would not release a copy of their report as the case is still under investigation.

(WTVD-TV - Jul 29, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment