Sunday, March 29, 2015

Fayetteville woman, 84, recovering after pit bull attack

NORTH CAROLINA -- An 84-year-old Fayetteville woman is recovering after she was attacked by a dog while tending to shrubs outside her home.

Hallie Hall was working in her front yard in the College Lakes neighborhood Tuesday when she said a pit bull jumped on her and tried to bite her head. Hall was able to get inside her house and call 911.

A 7-year-old boy who lives nearby was walking another dog and accidentally left a gate open, letting the pit bull out. The dog's owner said he didn't know the dog was vicious.

  

 
Hall was bitten on both arms and several fingers. She said the attack is something she will never forget.

"He come up to me and he come flying around the house, and he jumped on me and threw me down and started biting me," she said.

Hall said the attack lasted about 30 seconds but seemed longer.

The dog "tried to get my head and my throat," she said. "He got around my throat, but I was fighting him with my hands and pushing him and kicking and everything I could do. That was a bad experience. I thought to myself, 'I'm going to lay here and die.'"


The dog is in the custody of Cumberland County Animal Control, where director Dr. John Lauby evaluated the case and decided not to issue a dangerous dog permit to the owner.

"Some people love their animals no matter what and say, 'I want to bring it back home.' But a dog with this kind of behavioral situation is a potential time bomb in the home," he said.

(WRAL.com - Mar 27, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment